Educated at Gardenvale Central School - where he was School Captain, he entered Melbourne High School where he was twice under age Athletic Champion and an Officer in the cadet corps. During this time he was Victorian Sub Junior High Jump Champion and then silver medallist to Olympian Colin Ridgeway the next year.
He formed his first musical group in 1958 “The Ramblers” resulting in his move into performance, marketing and production at GTV9.
Progressing via HSV7, media manger with the Clemenger Group and account exec with JWT, he then set sail with his Seekers for a year’s holiday abroad.
We know the rest!
On his return he established his own consulting company and compared two national TV shows.
Elected then to three successive terms in the Victorian Parliament – 71 / 79 where his achievements included the Govt purchase and development of Werribee Park he opted to return to the business world and rejoined the Clemenger group as Executive Director of Clemenger Harvie - 79 / 89.
During the 90s he joined St George Banks marketing team as Business Development Consultant, and then AMPs blue ribbon financial planning group Hillross.
With the assistance of the St George foundation he was instrumental in the Murdoch Institute introducing a genetic educational course into Victorian schools.
Alongside these roles, he happily accommodated the many hundreds of reunion concerts with the Seekers from 1993 to 2004 effectively curtailing any further political ambitions.
His multiple community roles have included:
- Inaugral member Childrens Protection Society.
- Current Patron. Kids Under Cover.
- Current Patron. Riding For the Disabled.
- Current Patron. Relay For Life.
- Current Patron. Tee Up for Kids.
- Current Patron. Sing Australia.
- Current Ambassador – Heart Kids – RCH.
- Former Chair. Daylesford Macedon Tourism Marketing.
- Former Chair – Tourism Macedon Ranges.
- Former Macedon Memorial Cross Trustee.
- Current Board. Living Legends.
- Former Federal Ministers inaugural advisory board . Indigenous Tourism Australia.
He is constantly in demand and readily makes himself available for associated community projects and guest speaking roles.